MIG-Roma : Microneurosurgical International Group of Roma
Neurosurgery is a specialty of Surgery dedicated to the treatment of pathological conditions of the central and peripheral nervous system, as well as the spine and its contents susceptible to surgical treatment.
Every surgical procedure that affects the nervous system and its “wrappings” (skull, vertebral column, meninges) practiced by the Neurosurgeon with the aid of the operating microscope is defined Microneurosurgery.
The pathologies treated by MIG-Rome are:
1) Cerebral and spinal cord tumors.
- meningiomas of the cranial vault and skull base
- acoustic neuromas, trigeminal and other cranial nerves, schwannomas
- hypothalamic-pituitary tumors (adenomas, craniopharyngiomas)
- primary tumors (gliomas) of the central nervous system
- metastatic tumors spread from other organs
- vertebral and spinal cord tumors (meningiomas, neuromas, etc.)
2) Surgical treatment of pain.
- trigeminal neuralgia, facial spasm, other types of facial algia
- spasmodic torticollis.
3) Spine surgery.
- cervical disc herniation (artificial interververtebral disc: arthroplasty)
- cervical spondyloarthrosis and myelopathy (arthrodesis)
- degenerative spinal instability (pedicle screw stabilization)
- lumbar disc herniation and stenosis (including osteoporotic patients)
- spondylolisthesis (degenerative and malformative-dysplastic)
- vertebral fractures in osteoporotic patients
- minimally invasive spine surgery
4) Maxillo-facial pathologies.
- Video : Vestibular schwannoma
Video : Update on vestibular schwannoma microneurosurgery. Considerations on a series of 260 consecutive cases.
Admin - March 26, 2021
- New professional position added
From September 2019 Dr. Luciano Mastronardi is also Professor of the Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, The State Education Institution of Higher Professional Training. The First Sechenov Moscow State Medical University under Ministry of Health, Russian Federation.
Admin - December 4, 2019
- Download Book
Luciano Mastronardi Unit of Neurosurgery ASLRoma1, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Roma, Italy Takanori Fukushima Neurosurgery Department, Duke Medical Center, Raleigh, NC, USA Alberto Campione Unit of Neurosurgery ASLRoma1, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Roma, Italy Advances in Vestibular Schwannoma Microneurosurgery Improving Results with New Technologies Download free pdf book
Admin - March 6, 2019
- EANS (European Association of Neurological Surgeons)
EANS. OBSERVERSHIPS & AWARDS (.docx) EANS. List Of Short observership centers (.xls)
Admin - November 17, 2016