MIG-Roma : Microneurosurgical International Group of Roma
Neurosurgery is a specialty of Surgery dedicated to the treatment of pathological conditions of the central and peripheral nervous system, as well as the spine and its contents susceptible to surgical treatment.
Every surgical procedure that affects the nervous system and its “wrappings” (skull, vertebral column, meninges) practiced by the Neurosurgeon with the aid of the operating microscope is defined Microneurosurgery.
The pathologies treated by MIG-Rome are:
1) Cerebral and spinal cord tumors.
- meningiomas of the cranial vault and skull base
- acoustic neuromas, trigeminal and other cranial nerves, schwannomas
- hypothalamic-pituitary tumors (adenomas, craniopharyngiomas)
- primary tumors (gliomas) of the central nervous system
- metastatic tumors spread from other organs
- vertebral and spinal cord tumors (meningiomas, neuromas, etc.)
2) Surgical treatment of pain.
- trigeminal neuralgia, facial spasm, other types of facial algia
- spasmodic torticollis.
3) Spine surgery.
- cervical disc herniation (artificial interververtebral disc: arthroplasty)
- cervical spondyloarthrosis and myelopathy (arthrodesis)
- degenerative spinal instability (pedicle screw stabilization)
- lumbar disc herniation and stenosis (including osteoporotic patients)
- spondylolisthesis (degenerative and malformative-dysplastic)
- vertebral fractures in osteoporotic patients
- minimally invasive spine surgery
4) Maxillo-facial pathologies.
- New professional position added
From September 2019 Dr. Luciano Mastronardi is also Professor of the Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, The State Education Institution of Higher Professional Training. The First Sechenov Moscow State Medical University under Ministry of Health, Russian Federation.
Admin - 12/04/2019
- Download Book
Luciano Mastronardi Unit of Neurosurgery ASLRoma1, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Roma, Italy Takanori Fukushima Neurosurgery Department, Duke Medical Center, Raleigh, NC, USA Alberto Campione Unit of Neurosurgery ASLRoma1, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Roma, Italy Advances in Vestibular Schwannoma Microneurosurgery Improving Results with New Technologies Download free pdf book
Admin - 03/06/2019
- EANS (European Association of Neurological Surgeons)
EANS. OBSERVERSHIPS & AWARDS (.docx) EANS. List Of Short observership centers (.xls)
Admin - 11/17/2016
- International “hands-on” Dissection for specialists in Neurosurgery
Press Release Friday, July 3, 2015 It is held from 7th to 9th October 2015 in Arezzo an International “hands-on” Dissection for specialists in Neurosurgery on injected anatomical specimens. Theme of the course: approaches to the skull base 6th International Course Hands-on approaches to the skull base ICLO Lab / Nicola’s Foundation, Arezzo 7-9 October…
Admin - 07/17/2015