MIG-Roma : Microneurosurgical International Group of Roma
Neurosurgery is a specialty of Surgery dedicated to the treatment of pathological conditions of the central and peripheral nervous system, as well as the spine and its contents susceptible to surgical treatment.
Every surgical procedure that affects the nervous system and its “wrappings” (skull, vertebral column, meninges) practiced by the Neurosurgeon with the aid of the operating microscope is defined Microneurosurgery.
The pathologies treated by MIG-Rome are:
1) Cerebral and spinal cord tumors.
- meningiomas of the cranial vault and skull base
- acoustic neuromas, trigeminal and other cranial nerves, schwannomas
- hypothalamic-pituitary tumors (adenomas, craniopharyngiomas)
- primary tumors (gliomas) of the central nervous system
- metastatic tumors spread from other organs
- vertebral and spinal cord tumors (meningiomas, neuromas, etc.)
2) Surgical treatment of pain.
- trigeminal neuralgia, facial spasm, other types of facial algia
- spasmodic torticollis.
3) Spine surgery.
- cervical disc herniation (artificial interververtebral disc: arthroplasty)
- cervical spondyloarthrosis and myelopathy (arthrodesis)
- degenerative spinal instability (pedicle screw stabilization)
- lumbar disc herniation and stenosis (including osteoporotic patients)
- spondylolisthesis (degenerative and malformative-dysplastic)
- vertebral fractures in osteoporotic patients
- minimally invasive spine surgery
4) Maxillo-facial pathologies.
- International “hands-on” Dissection for specialists in Neurosurgery
Press Release Friday, July 3, 2015 It is held from 7th to 9th October 2015 in Arezzo an International “hands-on” Dissection for specialists in Neurosurgery on injected anatomical specimens. Theme of the course: approaches to the skull base 6th International Course Hands-on approaches to the skull base ICLO Lab / Nicola’s Foundation, Arezzo 7-9 October…
Admin - 07/17/2015
- Advice for patients with normal or quite normal hearing suffering from acoustic neuroma
Surgical total removal of vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma) through a “key-hole” retro-sigmoid approach, preserving the hearing is possible today in more than 2/3 of cases with a socially useful function. In order to obtain this result we must not wait that tumor continue to grow and damage the coclea nerve or make very difficult to…
Admin - 06/23/2015
- Lumbar stabilization in osteoporotic patients
A course for Italian Neurosurgeons on the use of expansion screws and dynamic rods in osteoporotic patients operated for degenerative problems (stenosis, listesis) or lombar trauma was held on June 6th and 7th, 2013, at our Department, organized by neurosurgeons of S. Filippo Neri Hospital. The Neurosurgery Department of the San Filippo Neri Hospital in…
Admin - 12/16/2014
- Hands-on dissection course
It is for me a great pleasure to inform you that in October 1,2 and 3, 2014 our International Association FRIENDS (Fronting Research & International Education in Neurosurgery Development and Sophistication) will organize a hands-on dissection course (cadaver lab) in Microneurosurgery (Basic Neurosurgical Approaches: see alleged brochure). As you can see, we are anInternational faculty…
Admin - 07/21/2014